It’s never too late to learn something new! We’ll take a closer look at what online gambling options are available in Luxembourg and, of course, provide you with top-notch casino sites where you can play the best casino games for real money or even free – the choice is yours!
Playing at Online Casinos in Luxembourg
So you’ve decided to take the plunge and started looking for an online casino in Luxembourg? Understanding what games, game providers and payment choices are available to you at the starting point of your research is essential. For the sake of better understanding the fundamentals of online gambling, let’s start with the best games.
Top Luxembourgish Online Casino Games
Today, players in Luxembourg have a diverse range of casino games to choose from, especially at top-rated online casinos. In fact, gamers can choose from hundreds of classic and new online slots provided by developers such as Yggdrasil Gaming, Microgaming, Thunderkick and NetEnt.
There is also a wide range of table games available, including blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. And if this wasn’t enough excitement for one country, there are also several live dealer alternatives, as well as unique games such as keno, bingo, and slingo (a combination of slots and bingo).
However, while Luxembourg’s selection of casino games may be smaller than in nations with a larger gambling market, it’s still large enough for anyone to find something to play. So, without further ado, have a look at our list of the most popular online casino games available to LU players.
Blackjack is regarded as one of Luxembourg’s most popular table games, and it’s not difficult to see why. The game features excellent odds, fast gameplay, and the possibility of frequent winnings.
Online blackjack is played against the house rather than other players, so you won’t need to wait for people to act before getting your cards. Each player has their own outcome in blackjack, meaning that there can be more than one winner or loser at each table.
As with all casino games, keep track of how much you bet and what actions you take (such as doubling down) to ensure that you are playing within your budget. However, if patience is not your strong suit, it may be best not to play this classic game online – especially if money management isn’t something that comes naturally!
Roulette is another popular game in LU, especially in land-based casinos.
Although the rules are relatively simple, roulette provides plenty of excitement for players thanks to its fast gameplay and high winning potential.
Roulette’s wagering range makes it suited for players with both modest and large bankrolls, as players can pick between low (€1), medium (€5 – €50), and high bets of €150 and above. This broad range of options implies that you can select a wager that adequately meets your financial constraints, regardless of how large or small your stake is.
Online Lottery Games
Given the fact that the Loterie Nationale is the only officially licenced gambling business entity in Luxembourg, it should come as no surprise that lottery games are one of the most popular gambling games in the small European country. Luxembourg Joker and Extra Lux are a couple of the most popular.
- Luxembourg Joker is played in conjunction with EuroMillions and provides ticket holders in Luxembourg with the opportunity to win up to €500,000 in each draw.
- Extra Lux is only available to players in the country Luxembourg. If their tickets match the five numbers selected in the Extra Lux game, they will be qualified to win up to an additional €100,000 in prize money.
Online Slot Machines
Slot machines were among the first casino games to be made available on the internet when it was initially launched. The number of different types of them has increased in both popularity and diversity throughout time as creators attempt to improve their functionality, gameplay and aesthetics.
NetEnt has been one of the companies at the forefront of this movement, with its excellent array of games that includes anything from zombie slayers to movie-themed slots and everything in between.
One of the most appealing characteristics of online slot games is the presence of progressive jackpots or free spins rounds, which are found in a high proportion of the games.
Some individuals find slot games to be overly monotonous or lacking in skill features, and as a result, they do not tend to last very long on most lists of the best casino games for these and other reasons. However, they continue to be incredibly popular.
A widespread misperception among bingo players is that the game lacks excitement because no genuine ability is required to participate. The fact that online bingos for real money have interesting elements such as Rapid Bingo™ (Novomatic) and prize multipliers make up for this disadvantage. Despite its negative reputation as a low-skill game, this popular game is nonetheless enjoyed by thousands of enthusiastic Luxembourgers on a daily basis.
Online Sports Betting
Sports betting is deemed legal in LU, too. There is a big following in the country, particularly where betting on football is concerned. The most popular bookmakers are those outside the country, though – the international heavyweights you would expect to see in other countries.
Video Poker Games
Video Poker is a hybrid game that differs from the other games mentioned so far. It incorporates elements of chance and skill. While luck plays a significant role in how you are dealt your hand, the decisions you make will also have an impact on your final prize, making video poker one of the most thrilling casino games available.
Various online versions are available to players in Luxembourg, each with a somewhat different set of features. For example, Deuces Wild provides players with higher odds of winning than other games, which may be appealing to people with limited bankrolls who are searching for high-risk games to play. When it comes to video poker, Jacks or Better is comparable to the standard video poker machines seen in land casinos; it’s designed to provide smaller rewards while also potentially posing a reduced risk.
Mobile Casino Games
These are versions of the mentioned games that have been optimised for mobile devices. Their straightforward design means that players will have no difficulty accessing the titles they want to play on any platform, including smartphones and tablets, and they are compatible with all operating systems. In essence, HTML5 technology is used by mobile casinos, which means that they may be accessed and played without the need for any downloads or installations.
Undoubtedly, each online casino game is an exciting option, so the next step is to decide which is the best fit for your gaming preferences.
Choose Games You Truly Enjoy!
There are several opportunities to enjoy the many different sorts of casino games offered online. Still, if players have no interest in a particular type of game, it’s just not worth their time to play. As a result, iGaming enthusiasts should select games that they are most interested in playing. Thus, it’s worth taking the time to explore the area before making a final decision since you want to enjoy yourself and ensure that your favourite game is filled with something fresh and exciting.
Leading Casino Game Providers in Luxembourg
Luxembourg gamers place a great deal of reliance on European online casinos to keep them amused. In other words, players will find many of the gambling game providers they are familiar with on such websites. Consequently, at casino sites that accept Luxembourgers, it’s not uncommon to find games from the following providers:
- BetSoft Gaming
- Blueprint Gaming
- Evolution Gaming
- Play’n Go
- Pragmatic Play
- Red Tiger Gaming
- Yggdrasil Gaming
Among the game aggregators available in Luxembourg-friendly casinos, SoftSwiss is the most prominent (together with Microgaming’s Quickfire and Yggdrasil’s Masters). iGaming businesses like this can provide casino software to players in Luxembourg from more than thirty, forty, or even fifty different developers, resulting in a library of 1,500, 2,000, or even 3,000+ game titles.
Also, keep in mind that every online casino has an option to play their games without having to download anything. This means that you may begin browsing game providers and games right away without waiting for anything to download first.
Luxembourg Online Casino Bonus Offers
Because Luxembourg relies on EU online casinos to provide services to its players, so you’ll find the same casino bonuses that you’d find across Europe, including those available in the United Kingdom.
This means the majority of bonuses and promotions that emerge in Luxembourg’s online casinos are influenced by factors based outside the country. Consequently, among the bonus offers, you’re likely to find the following:
- Match/ Welcome/ Deposit bonuses
- Free spin bonuses/Reload bonuses
- Loyalty bonuses
- Monthly specials and personalised promotions
- Tournaments and prize draw competitions
- VIP Club and loyalty bonuses
Understanding LU Casino Bonus Terms
While claiming an abundance of bonuses on Luxembourg casino sites is undoubtedly appealing, however, you should always think twice about snapping up promos and bonuses. Before claiming any offer, you should ensure that the following conditions are favourable.
- Wagering Requirements – Almost all online casino promotions and bonuses (regardless of where you are in the world) will have wagering restrictions attached to them. The ones that can be found in Luxembourger casinos are no exception. Most of the time, they’ll be somewhere in the 25x-50x range. Before you may withdraw your winnings, you must first complete the required playthrough rates.
- Minimum Deposit Limits – When making a deposit to qualify for a bonus, you’ll want to know “how little” you can get away with depositing in order to be eligible for the offer. Generally speaking, we would consider Luxembourg bonuses to be fair if the minimum deposit requirements were €20 or less, as it’s a reasonable figure.
- Game Eligibility Rules – Not all gambling bonuses can be used on all casino games. Most of the time, no deposit-free spins will only be applicable on a specific selection of slots, but welcome bonuses may occasionally be valid for table games.
- Maximum Stake Rules – All bonus offers also impose restrictions on the “amount” of money that can be wagered per hand or spin. For example, if you receive a €100 bonus, don’t be startled if you discover that you can only bet €5 per spin on the slot machine. Before accepting an offer, check the terms and conditions to ensure that you understand and agree with them.
- Maximum Win and Withdrawal Caps – It may appear as though you are in for a huge windfall when you claim free spins and other incentives, and this may be true in some cases. The same cannot be said for every situation, however. Check the terms and conditions of any promotion to see if there are any maximum win and cashout caps.
These impose limits on the amount of money you can win using bonus funds and the amount you may withdraw. In an ideal world, these should be high, with a preference not to be featured in any promotions.
So that you know, our team writes EU online casino reviews and thoroughly investigates the terms of all of the sites that we recommend so that players like you don’t have to. We only propose casinos that are favourable to Luxembourgers and have terms and conditions that are transparent and fair.
Payment Methods at Luxembourg Online Casinos
The best online casino payment methods for casino enthusiasts residing in Luxembourg will differ based on the player’s needs. Ultimately, Luxembourgers utilise the same payment methods as those found at the majority of other European casino sites, with no apparent preference. Examples include:
- Bank Transfers
- VISA Electron
It’s also worth noting that there are also cryptocurrency options available. For instance, crypto-accepting online casinos allow players to make deposits and withdraw their winnings using digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and other cryptos.
Due to the fact that Luxembourg banks do not prohibit financial transactions to and from online casinos, Luxembourgers have a great deal of freedom to deposit and withdraw money from their favourite casino sites at their discretion. However, you should still pay attention to payment times and withdrawal limits, as these are essential considerations.
Online casinos that cater to players in Luxembourg typically provide fair casino payment times, albeit not those that are lightning-fast. All deposits are processed in a natural manner and in real-time. Withdrawals might take anywhere from a few hours to three business days to process.
You can cut down on the amount of time it takes by completing the KYC process as early as possible in the process. However, the pending period may vary from site to site and is not always the same. Although certain bank transfer options can take up to five, six, or even seven days to clear, these are exceptional occurrences.
Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
The other end of the scale is quite variable from casino to casino. Luxembourg casinos will generally provide you with a minimum of €20 withdrawal limit, which is the case for most of these establishments.
However, some less reputable casino sites may set a minimum limit and only allow withdrawals of €50 or more. We’d never choose to play with the latter, and in reality, there’s no reason why you should.
Withdrawal limits can range from €2,000 to €4,000 (per transaction) up to €40,000 per month on most sites, with some of the best offering withdrawal limits as high as €50,000 per 24 hours or even unlimited withdrawals for high rollers and VIP customers.
Pros and Cons of Playing at Online Casinos in Luxembourg
Due to the fact that online casino gambling is not prohibited in Luxembourg, casino enthusiasts can enjoy the same benefits as their European counterparts when playing online.
However, as with any online activity, it’s best to proceed with caution while playing at online casinos, especially less-established ones.
In recent years, the number of scam websites that attempt to deceive users into depositing money and providing personal information has increased dramatically.
For this reason, we strongly advise you to read our casino reviews, which will inform you about the company’s reputation as well as all welcome bonuses, casino games, payment methods, licences, terms and conditions, and so on, in order to gain an accurate understanding of what each online casino has to offer before deciding where you want to put your money.
Alternatives to Online Casinos in Luxembourg
Visit real casinos in Luxembourg such as “Casino 2000” at 5 Rue Flammang, 5618 Mondorf-les-Bains or try online casinos in other countries.
Luxembourg Online Gambling Laws in Brief
When it comes to gambling, one of Europe’s tiniest countries has a unique approach that has shown to be beneficial to its residents. Although Luxembourg’s gambling regulations have not changed in recent years, their interpretation has effectively altered, making online casino gambling lawful in the country. What makes it possible for this to be true? Please allow us to explain.
For years, Luxembourg didn’t have a law that specified that online casino gambling was legal. Despite this, there were (and still are) land-based gambling laws. Ordinarily, European countries take this to mean that online gambling is illegal unless there is a specific set of laws covering it. Over in LU, things are done differently.
After much deliberation, Luxembourg’s Ministry of Justice (alongside BSP, a law firm) decided that the country’s national gambling laws (for land-based gambling) also apply to the online gambling sector. In short, this means that players based in Luxembourg have every right to play online casino games at any licenced Luxembourg casino under the original 1977 Gambling Law.
The trouble comes, of course, from the fact that no Luxembourg-licenced online casinos exist – at least not yet. Does this mean that you cannot be in Luxembourg? Not really. Because Luxembourg is an EU country, it must (technically) adhere to EU Article 56 TFEU, which states that any EU-licensed casino (any casino licenced in an EU country) is legal for Luxembourgers to play at.
Luxembourg does not make any significant efforts to prevent its citizens from placing bets at online casinos licenced in other EU countries, and this is the current state of the situation.
- More details on this topic – Gaming in Luxembourg by Michaël Kitai.
For all practical purposes, this means that you are free to register with and play at any European online casino that accepts players from Luxembourg, and you will not be penalised by the national gambling authorities.
Moreover, if the casino site is regulated by respected licencing bodies such as the Malta Gaming Authority, you can be assured that you are playing at a legally compliant, safe, and secure online casino.
FAQs on Luxembourg Casinos Answered
- What online casino games are available in Luxembourg?
- Online casino players in Luxembourg have a diverse range of games to play. These include classic and new online slots, table games like blackjack, roulette, and baccarat, live dealer games, unique games such as keno, bingo, and slingo, lottery games, video poker, and mobile casino games optimized for smartphones and tablets.
- Who are the top casino game providers in Luxembourg?
- Players in Luxembourg have access to games from many top providers. These include BetSoft Gaming, Blueprint Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt, Play’n Go, Pragmatic Play, Red Tiger Gaming, and Yggdrasil Gaming.
- What are the popular online casino bonuses in Luxembourg?
- Online casinos in Luxembourg offer match/welcome/deposit bonuses, free spin bonuses, reload bonuses, loyalty bonuses, monthly specials and personalized promotions, tournaments and prize draw competitions, VIP Club and loyalty bonuses.
- What should I consider before claiming a casino bonus?
- Before claiming a bonus, consider the wagering requirements, minimum deposit limits, game eligibility rules, maximum stake rules, and maximum win and withdrawal caps. Read also carefully the terms and conditions of any offer to ensure they are favorable to claim.
- What are the payment methods at Luxembourg online casinos?
- Common payment methods at online casinos in Luxembourg include Bank Transfers, EcoPayz, MasterCard, Neosurf, Neteller, Paysafecard, Skrill, Trustly, VISA, and VISA Electron. Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are also accepted at the majority of online casino that accept players from Luxembourg.
- What is the average withdrawal time from Luxembourg online casinos?
- Withdrawal times at online casinos in Luxembourg range from a few hours to three business days. The time difference is based on the cashout method used.
- What is the legal status of online gambling in Luxembourg?
- Online gambling is not prohibited in Luxembourg. The country’s national gambling laws for land-based gambling also apply to the online gambling sector. However, there are currently no Luxembourg-licensed online casinos and players generally play at online casinos licensed by internationally recognized authorities such as the Malta Gaming Authority and Curacao.
- Are there any Luxembourg-licensed online casinos?
- As of now, there are no Luxembourg-licensed casino sites. However, Luxembourg citizens are free to play at any European online casino that accepts players from Luxembourg.
- Does Luxembourg have safe online casinos?
- Online casinos that provide their services to players in Luxembourg are safe as long as the casino is popular among players and regulated by respected European licensing bodies such as the Malta Gaming Authority.
Navigate all our guides to online casinos by country in Europe below, covering top sites, games, and regulation insights.